The Basement Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roll Call!!!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Now that we've all vacated the metro, we really need to put these boards to use again. So here's the place to signal that you're paying attention. Please post!!
Back to top Go down
https://thebasementboards.forumotion.com
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Have no fear, for I'm here, I'm...well...I'm going to have to get used to posting again.
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 am

We must start enlightening our minds by posting about the meaning of life, the presidential race, and whether the Chiefs will win more than five game (they won't). Also I say the fantasy football teams are made...A Lewis is going down week one...I don't know which one.
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 am

I will post as well, as far as enlightenment, i will keep that to myself. (I need all the help i can get)

Is anyone coming home for labor day weekend?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:52 pm

I'll be home, and I'm trying to drag my roomies and the twins with me.
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm

How's Manhattan by the way? Campus and classes going well? The apartment holding up? We're already having plumbing problems here...it's not our fault...but lets just say it's a shitty situation.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Puns make me happy, Z.

Everything's going well here so far. I like the campus more everytime I wander through it. Class is class, next semester is when I get into my really fun stuff. Luckily, all but one of my professors is pretty cool, so I should be alright. I also have quite a bit of freetime throughout the day, so I should be able to keep myself in basketball and running shape pretty easily.

What classes do you guys have that pertain to your majors? I'm curious how the ratio of 'real' classes to filler classes is different from major to major.
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 am

I have some pretty cool classes. I have Language Science which is a lot like my Survey of Communication Disorders class last semester. We will just study aphasia more closely (disease that effects the language portion of the brain.) Also I have Neuroscience of Communication, which is frickin' sweet. Then I have an introduction to clinical phonetics where we transcribe speech into the phonetic alphabet among other things. Then come my non related things like Living Religions of the East...which I am oh so excited about...

On another more tragic/humorous note... I found out one of my classes is actually at KU Edwards cause I'm an idiot who can't read....guess who thought he was done with the damn K-10 connector only to stare it in the face again a few months later...the answer will come next time...maybe you'll win a prize if you can guess right!
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:08 am

I have a psych class, and Organic chemistry. Every other one of my 20 credit hours is an engineering class. Much fun. I am most looking forward to O chem and a engineering economics class that im taking. Least looking forward to psych. I don't think i will have much use for it, and it requires a signifigant time requirement.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:40 am

Zach, your ongoing battle with the K-10 connector is the stuff of legend. I want you to know that your pain is at least bringing me amusement.
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

As long as I can make someone laugh I'll feel vindicated. I have my first ride on it to KU Edwards tonight...I'll post a narrative of my torment shortly thereafter...this class is supposed to go until ten tonight...god I hope we get out early...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:20 pm

10 at night? That's even too late for post class backyard... hopefully you don't have an early class tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:11 am

Alright...so I go to park and ride to hop on the the bus.

The first thing that goes wrong...I run into Mark Outlaw...

...Damn...

Second thing that goes wrong I get on and there are no seats left...so I'm standing.

First thing that goes right...Two people get up I steal a seat

Second thing that goes right...I'm now a good distance away from Outlaw...

Third thing that goes wrong...at that same stop thirty people board...yes, there are thirty people standing which means there is practically someone in my lap...

Fourth thing that goes wrong...Highway Ten is mucked up around Woodland...so we have to take Hightway 7 to college and up. At this point Im thinking I'm going to be late.

Fifth thing that goes wrong...it's actually looking like we could get to Edwards on time...but the fricking bus driver goes into the Carleson Center!!! AAARRRGGG!!!!!

Sixth thing that goes wrong...I'm late for class

Seventh Thing that goes wrong...The bus is packed...on a 10:20 PM bus...

What!?

Eighth thing that goes wrong...The guy I'm sitting next to has...

THE WORST BO EVER!!!

And then I didn't actually get home until 11:30...so yeah, it was a great night...

Man I hate the K-10 Connector...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:12 pm

That is quite possibly the best travel diary I have ever read. I nominate it as the best post so far!
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Scott: this is myriam (BTW) and Zach, Maria and I are going to the Granada to see this guy Zach knows play in his band. It's Saturday at 9 in Lawrence YOU SHOULD COME!!! So consider it and let us know mk! Thanks =) santa
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:31 pm

I probably won't come down to Lawrence, though it would probably be more fun than what I will end up doing here. Both my wallet and my pride say I should stay home this weekend, but if you can convince me to go...
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Seven dollar show, I'll be there, Myriam will be there, so will DJ, Mark, Maria, Ed...and it's at the Grenada...there will also be some people I know from school there...and oh yeah...it's a rock concert!!
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:40 am

yea, so the concert was pretty bad scott, you didn't miss anything there, but it was pretty fun just hanging out.
Back to top Go down
Herfi

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Estoy aquí   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:53 pm

So Scott reminded me about this forum and my computer was on so I registered. I don't know how often I will be checking but I hope it will be often enough to keep up with stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:01 pm

welcome aboard Mr. Herfkins.

P.S. you guys have no idea how hard it is to type on a screen that is freaking out...
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:49 am

Scott...just out of curiosity when are you coming down? we need to hand out man, you should spend an evening at our place.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:53 pm

I'm actually planning on coming back this weekend (9/19-21). I'll spend Friday with my family, but Saturday is up in the air. Sunday afternoon is booked for Chiefs. Wherever you guys watch it, I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Hello everybody from Denver CO

I'll be back on tues afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 am

Hay guys over at K-State. I'm coming over next Friday. Thursday and Friday are fall break for us at jayhawkland. Let me know if that will be a problem...

Thanks

Basketball ?

Edit: if it is better I can come on saturday...
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:01 pm

I would love to come up too...sadly I'm poor...and my job beckons...damn...I'll get up there eventually I promise...I just don't know when.

By the way, Herfi...what's up man, I missed you the last time you were up here. How you doing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roll Call!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!!!   Roll Call!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll Call!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: