The Basement Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Royals Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Z
Admin
Z

Official Royals Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 pm

For which I think I will be the sole member...but if anyone else wants to talk some royals baseball here's the place.
Back to top Go down
https://thebasementboards.forumotion.com
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Perhaps you would like to outline your three year plan for everybody, Z.
Back to top Go down
Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:09 pm

I wish the royals were good=/
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 pm

The Royals have the pieces in place to be very good very soon. I'll go more in depth later, but they've got the power arms in the rotation and the pen, and they "could", emphasize the "could", have the power bats they need in Gordon and Butler, plus the solid, get-on-base by any means necessary players in Teahen and Dejesus. I don't see Guillen as a long term solution, and I don't really think Buck is the guy at catcher. What really needs to happen is for Joey Gathright to emerge as a leadoff hitter. He doesn't need to be all star quality, but he needs to be in that conversation. If that happens, I think the Royals would be wise to trade Dejesus before his production falls (as sadly, I fear it will) and hopefully accumulate a young relief pitcher or a decent starting pitching prospect.

Just my two-cents.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:52 am

How's spring training going so far for the Royals?
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:11 pm

They are battling for the top of the Cactus League (the small leage for the teams training out of Arizona).

From the Pitchers Meche has looked great, Greinke and Bannister has looked okay, John Bale has looked really solid, Hochever been a real surprise. The bullpen has been inconsistent...and Brett Tomko has been absolute garbage.

From the posision players, Butler can't play defense, which isn't a surprise. What is a surprise is Joey Gathright, he's been stealing bases right and left and finally starting to use his speed a little bit. It's a nice surprise.

Gordon has been okay at the plate (getting better now though) and Justin Huber has been absolutely killing the ball. Unfortunately he doesn't know which had to put a glove on and he's still a worse hitter than Butler so he's unlikely to make the team.

It's the middle of spring training so it's hard to make any concrete conclusions, but I think they'll be better than last season. Then again, that's no saying much.
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 pm

So...the Royals are better than I thought they'd be. Not just because they are 6-2, but because the bullpen has emerged as a stregnth rather than a liability. I really thought that losing Greinke to the rotation and Dotel to a trade would really make the seventh and eighth inning an adventrue but I was wrong. Nunez, Ramirez and even Mahay to an extent have all been solid.

Now they just need to find a way to score a few more runs, and as soon as Jose Guillen finds his stroke I think that will happen. I still don't think they are a playoff team but the Royals are getting damn good in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:06 pm

they are pitching around guillen. i doubt unless people start fearing butler will it change. they would rather take thier chances with him than guillen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Royals Thread   Official Royals Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Royals Thread
Page 1 of 1