The Basement Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starcraft maps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Swifty

Swifty

Starcraft maps Empty
PostSubject: Starcraft maps   Starcraft maps Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Hey guys, had this idea a little while ago about when we play starcraft. Whenever we get 2v2, 3v3 games, etc. we always fight over which maps to use and which ones we use too much. I think we should get 7 2v2 maps that we have a fairly good consensus are all good multiplayer maps. This would allow for a decent rotation of GOOD maps, and also one other feature I for one would enjoy: series

If we get teams for 3v3 that we feel are fairly even, we play a series with them. Start with the first map and play for best of 7. The maps and teams are already selected, so that time consuming event between games would be removed. It would also be real helpful in reevaluating teams- With just 1 game with your teammates, you have very little to go off of if the teams selected were fair and balanced. However, in a 7 game series, a 4-2 deceision would point towards fairly well, but not perfectly, balanced teams while a 4-0 series designates that we should never have those teams again.

Let me know your thoughts...and because you knew it was coming, my suggestions for 2v2:
1 The Lost Temple (SC Ladder)
2 Bone Canyon (SC OldLadder)
3 Waypoint Junction (BW)
4 Power Lines (SC)
5 Blood Bath (SC)
6 Nightfall (BW)
7 Highland Denizens (BW Allied)

...And while I didnt put any on here, I would approve of an island map or two on the list...they are part of the game and 1 or 2 out of 7 would break the monotony, so no crying about it.
Tell me your thoughts!...if you are on here anymore :-)
Back to top Go down
Sn0man13

Sn0man13

Starcraft maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft maps   Starcraft maps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:53 pm

I like the idea.
If you can get enough people i'm officially in. sounds like fun.

I also think that we should let scott design one for the rotation. (if he has time)

Also SC3 is comming soon.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Beast of Doom
Scott

Starcraft maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft maps   Starcraft maps Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Nearly 4 months late, but I never saw this before. Embarassed

If and when we have another SC binge, I'm in for this. Unfortunately, getting 6 to buy in is going to be difficult. Ed, Swift, Scott, Dale are gimmies, Max and David would be there part of the time, and lewi lewi, Herfy, etc wouldn't buy in.

I do miss designing maps, but its tough to find motivation when I/we never play. Stupid life and priorities getting in the way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starcraft maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starcraft maps   Starcraft maps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starcraft maps
Page 1 of 1