The Basement Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Basement Forums

A gathering place for old friends from Olathe Kansas to discuss...pretty much anything...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. J

KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls? Empty
PostSubject: KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls?   KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:58 pm

This discussion will be devoted to the individuals who have the insight to recognize the injustice college basketball is suffering from the constant cheapativity that KU is credited with. I am just watching the Texas v KU game right now. First I would like to make note of the fact that KU is mentioned last, just as it always should be, because it is crap. I was trying to make sense of the sport I was watching. At first I thought I saw Chuck Liddell throwing a haymaker at DJ Augistine, and then realized it was just that thug, Brandon Rush. Filled with disgust I was forced to suppress my gag reflex and hold in the loathing I had for the team in blue. Foul after foul after foul, and sadly, and for some odd reason, none of these fouls were called?? I was in a state of confusion. But at any rate I need to go and poop, which will be much better than this crap on tv.
GO LONGHORNS!!!
Back to top Go down
Z
Admin
Z

KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls?   KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:06 pm

I would like to point out that Bill Walker is worse about dealing out cheap fouls than anyone on KU. Second Darrel Arthur has been in foul trouble in what seems like every game, so obviously they aren't just getting away with it, thirdly, DJ Augustine wasn't the cleanest himself. He tends to through elbows around as he's driving toward the hoop.

I think this post is out of bias rather than objective observation. KU will push the limit foul calls as far as the refs allow. It's not dirty play, it's basketball, all good teams will adapt to their situation and environment, including the officiating.

That is something Kansas State doesn't do. I've watched far more K-State games than KU games and I can tell for a fact then on the road they just assume things should go their way. They don't adapt they don't change, they just freelance the entire game. It's why they've gone from a top three seed to a bubble team in the past two months. They way KSU plays the game is infuriating because there is no cohesion between the members of the team. Scott and I even kept could of how many screens they set in a game against Colorado and i'm pretty sure it came out to less than 10.

That about sums of my argument.
Back to top Go down
https://thebasementboards.forumotion.com

KU: The best team, or the best team at getting away with fouls?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: